December 4th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Despite the title of the podcast episode this week, nothing is boring. Rather, there’s a ton of banter between Jonah, Paul and Jordan, as they discuss next-gen console gaming.
This week’s news items include:
- Amazon testing package delivery by drone
- Microsoft advises gamers against turning the Xbox One into a dev kit
- There’s “no lack of ideas” at DICE, CEO ponders local weather for Battlefield
- Xbox One beats PS4 sales at Walmart, Target
- Epic: “We’ve yet to see the real value of the second screen”
- Sega: Shenmue 3 trademark listing a hoax
All this and some Listener Feedback.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Microsoft · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Sega · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 27th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Paul returns to the Gaming Podcast, having doing the major work on the Facebook game he’d been helping develop, Team USA Pinsanity. The trio argue over boss battles, and this week’s Gaming Flashback is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Jordan also finally has a great Vita game to fawn over, Tearaway.
- Take-Two files ‘Bully Bullsworth Academy’ trademark in Europe
- Twitch cracks down on PS4 Playroom inappropriate content
- Blizzard dev apologizes for remarks on sexualized designs
- Sony to make $250M entertainment cuts, “nothing too sacred”
The Question of the Week: “What is your opinion on boss battles?”
Tags: Blizzard · Episode · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
November 20th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Gaming Podcast is back after a week off, as Jordan talks about playing games on his brand-new PlayStation 4, while Jonah is anxious and worried about the Xbox One launch this week.
There’s also a ton of news this week, including:
- Unlucky PlayStation 4 owners face ‘blue light of death’
- Report: Apple in “talks” to purchase co-creators of original Kinect tech
- Ubisoft explains why launch games underwhelm
- Xbox One launch official broadcast available through Spike, GameTrailers
- Survey: only 1 percent of gamers want a Wii U this Holiday season
- Ken Levine defends BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1‘s length
- World of Warcraft not going free-to-play, stop asking
- More Fallout 4 evidence pops up with trademark registration
And the Question of the Week: “What was the best budget game you ever bought?”
Tags: apple · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Kinect · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · ubisoft · Wii U · world of warcraft · Xbox One
November 6th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode has a long discussion on videogame music of the past, while Jonah discusses Batman: Arkham Origins and iPad adaptations of board games.
This week’s news includes:
- Surprises found in the PS4 FAQ
- Xbox One will support DLNA, MP3 and audio CD
- Valve working to make offline mode indefinite
- Nintendo: We have failed to establish Wii U as a “worthy” Wii successor
- Wii U bundle announced
This week’s Question of the Week is: “What was your favorite videogame music?”
Tags: Episode · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam · Wii U · Xbox One
October 30th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode has Jonah ranting about the shoddy QA in Batman: Arkham Origins, while Jordan admits he never used those Xbox Live cards that came free with some games. In the meantime, the Gaming Flashback is the classic Apple ][ game Bolo.
The news this week includes:
- EA splits from Tiger Woods
- Rumor: Xbox One SDK plagued by eleventh hours bugs
- Apple sells 33.8m iPhones, 14.1m iPads in September quarter
- Nvidia Shield update adds official PC streaming, console mode, more Android support
- Fans trash Call of Duty: Ghosts booth at a games expo
No Question of the Week this week – just looking for Listener feedback.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · iPad · iPhone · PC Gaming · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
October 23rd, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Gaming Podcast is back after being off for a week. This time out, there’s a Gaming Flashback as Jordan and Jonah discuss The 7th Guest, which was coincidentally just released on Steam.
This week’s news includes:
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 headsets compatibility issues
- Dark Matter abrupt ending blamed on failed Kickstarter drive
- Rockstar New England working on “next version of famous IP”
- Fassbender on Assassin’s Creed film: it’s “definitely happening”
- Struggling Scrolls may go free-to-play
This week’s Question of the Week, “What was your favorite adventure game?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Xbox One
October 9th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week is on the short side, though Jonah and Jordan discuss pop culture like Red Letter Media, The Venture Bros. and Cave Johnson’s lemon ranting. There’s no Gaming Podcast or Gaming History, but there’s plenty of Listener Feedback and news items.
The news includes:
- Source: RI governor Lincoln Chafee deliberately torpedoed Studio 38
- UK online retailer SimplyGames enforcing PS4 bundles
- Half-Life 3 removed from trademark registery – Portal 3 appears
- The Last Guardian developers “re-engineering” the game, never was on “hiatus”
- Grand Theft Auto Online microtransactions disabled while server issues persist
No “Question of the Week” – this week is Listener Questions – send ‘em in!
Tags: Episode · GTA · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes
October 1st, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 5 Comments
This week’s podcast has Jonah having a new job, while some really long Listener Feedback letters lengthen the podcast. In fact, several discussions between Jonah and Jordan were cut and will be in a near-future Outtakes episode.
This week is full of news as well, including:
- Star Wars 1313 was to have starred Boba Fett after all
- Shadow of the Eternals dev Precursor Games disbands
- Techland: Dying Light isn’t another Dead Island
- China lifts console ban, Microsoft collaborating with BesTV to make new console
- Watch Dogs ships on two discs, requires install, 30 FPS cap on Xbox One and PS4
That plus the long Listener Feedback, and Jordan has an appeal to veteran listeners to write in.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · ubisoft
September 24th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 5 Comments
Jordan is back, and even though he’s not 100%, he’s still well enough to do the podcast. He and Jonah discuss what things make them stop playing a game, while the rest of the podcast is all about Grand Theft Auto V. They also get into discussions about laserdisc players.
The news includes:
- Microsoft: Women make up 40% of Xbox Live audience
- Rumor: Steam Box announcement on Monday
- Grand Theft Auto V hits $1B in sales after 72 hours
- Dead Rising 3 “frame-locked at 30″ on Xbox One
- Sony offers fix for GTA5 error 80029564 crashing system on install
All this and Listener Feedback, as well as the Question of the Week, “When will the current generation of consoles discontinue?”
Tags: Episode · GTA · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Steam
September 18th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week’s podcast has Dan Quick filling in for an ailing Jordan Lund, while Civilization V inevitably comes up in conversation with the Polycast host with Jonah Falcon. There’s no Gaming History or Gaming Flashback, but tons of news items.
The news includes:
- Andrew Wilson named Electronic Arts CEO
- PlayStation Vita TV announced
- Sega buys Atlus for 14 billion yen
- Star Trek video game “big disappointment” to J.J. Abrams
- Chair on Shadow Complex 2: Fans “don’t want it more than we do”
- Steam adopts Xbox One’s former family sharing program
- Diablo III auction house closing in March 2014
There’s also some Listener Feedback from the T-shirt winning contestant.
Tags: Blizzard · Diablo 3 · electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam · Vita · xbla · Xbox One