February 12th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Paul, Jordan and Jonah continue to rock on, as they discuss the bizarre circumstance of the iOS app Flappy Bird, while Paul deals with Pinsanity issues (behind the scenes). They also discuss the classic The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay in the Gaming Flashback.
This week’s news includes:
- Watch Dogs release coming in April, May, or June
- Slim Vita is coming To North America with Borderlands 2 in tow
- Nutjitsu and Worms among first Xbox One ID@Xbox games
- Pachter: Sony can’t afford to pay for streamed content like Netflix does
- Gamestop advertising a layaway program for the Xbox One
There’s Listener Feedback with a new Question of the Week: “Did you introduce a non-gamer to gaming?”
Tags: Casual Games · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita · Xbox 360
February 5th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Paul is back for this episode, as this week actually has a Gaming Flashback and a Game History, the former being Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and the latter being Black Isle Studios.
The news this week includes:
- Followup: PS Vita Slim to launch in UK
- Reports: Microsoft plans cheaper, disc-free, white Xbox Ones in 2014
- Nintendo cuts overheard on executive salaries
- Square Enix responds to Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III launch rumor
- Razer to give Xbox One gamers more peripheral options
The Question of the Week, “What was the best game you played that you felt was unfinished?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · square enix · Vita · Xbox One
January 29th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode is chock full of very industry-specific news, dealing with sales and numbers and other stuff that would bore Paul.
The news includes:
- Microsoft acquires Gears of War IP from Epic
- Sony issues invites hinting at ‘Slimmest’ product launch
- Apple sells record number of iPhones, iPads
- Surface and Xbox One hits with buyers during the holidays
- Japanese newspaper says Nintendo is about to unveil its approach to mobile development
- Kerbal Space Program lands on various schools’ curriculum
- Sony’s credit rating cut to “Junk”
Sadly, no reader mail this week.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · PC Gaming · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita
January 22nd, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Sorry for the delay – last week Jordan had a medical emergency, but he’s all better now. In this episode, he and Jonah get sidetracked at one point talking about movies and the film At World’s End.
The actual videogame news they discuss include:
- Nintendo evaluating new business, “studying” smart devices
- Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions
- Star Wars 1313 trademark abandoned
- Sony creating new PS3 hardware for PS Now
This and a little Listener Feedback. This week, we’re looking for you to ask us questions.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · playstation 3 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Wii U · Xbox One
January 9th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The podcast is back, with a healthier Jonah joining Jordan. No Dan or Paul however.
- Hitman Project reportedly canceled, Square Enix responds
- Alienware Steam Machine priced ‘very competitive’ with PS4, Xbox One
- Nintendo must pay royalties for every 3DS following court ruling
- Sony announces PlayStation Now for streaming older games
- Gabe Newell reacts to Xbox One and Steambox comparison
Question of the Week: “What are you most looking forward to in 2014?”
Tags: DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · playstation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · square enix · Steam · Vita · Xbox One
January 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The first episode of 2014 is now out, as Jonah Falcon, Jordan Lund and Dan Quick recap the major news of 2014.
The news includes:
- PC gaming exploding
- Next-gen launches, including Microsoft’s 180
- Nintendo Wii U suffers
- Nintendo Announces 2DS
- Microconsoles launched
- Tech flops of 2013
Also, some Listener Feedback, and the Questions of the Week, “What was the biggest event of 2013? What was your favorite game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii U · Xbox One
December 25th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Thanks to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, Gaming Podcast is running an Outtakes episode, which features mostly Jonah Falcon and Jordan Lund, but a little Paul Nowak and Dan Quick. If that weren’t enough, right after the outtakes is a Dr. Who discussion by usual commentators Jordan, his wife Jennifer and Paul.
Tags: Episode · Podcast · Show Notes
December 11th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week, Jordan reveals that he actually won an Xbox One from work, making him the second owner of the console in the podcast, and the only one with both a One and a PS4. Unfortunately, Paul’s not available for the podcast, making it a podcast of two.
The news this week:
- Square Enix confirms Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for next-gen
- EA donates $1.65 million to American Cancer Society following Humble campaign
- Report: MMOs targeted by intelligence agencies
- Ubisoft polling on Assassin’s Creed 5, non-Assassin pirate game
- Report: Disney taking over Indiana Jones from Paramount
Also, listener Pawel Predki wrote his own review of Tearaway. Read it here.
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · MMO · Podcast · Show Notes · square enix · ubisoft · world of warcraft
December 4th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Despite the title of the podcast episode this week, nothing is boring. Rather, there’s a ton of banter between Jonah, Paul and Jordan, as they discuss next-gen console gaming.
This week’s news items include:
- Amazon testing package delivery by drone
- Microsoft advises gamers against turning the Xbox One into a dev kit
- There’s “no lack of ideas” at DICE, CEO ponders local weather for Battlefield
- Xbox One beats PS4 sales at Walmart, Target
- Epic: “We’ve yet to see the real value of the second screen”
- Sega: Shenmue 3 trademark listing a hoax
All this and some Listener Feedback.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Microsoft · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Sega · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 27th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Paul returns to the Gaming Podcast, having doing the major work on the Facebook game he’d been helping develop, Team USA Pinsanity. The trio argue over boss battles, and this week’s Gaming Flashback is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Jordan also finally has a great Vita game to fawn over, Tearaway.
- Take-Two files ‘Bully Bullsworth Academy’ trademark in Europe
- Twitch cracks down on PS4 Playroom inappropriate content
- Blizzard dev apologizes for remarks on sexualized designs
- Sony to make $250M entertainment cuts, “nothing too sacred”
The Question of the Week: “What is your opinion on boss battles?”
Tags: Blizzard · Episode · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony