January 19th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode features Paul guest-hosting, joining Jonah and Scott. The only real drama comes when Paul defends Nintendo’s shady policy of deleting levels without any warning.
This week’s news items include:
- Nintendo is deleting people’s Mario Maker stages without telling them why
- Vivendi’s takeover of Ubisoft looms
- Square Enix announces upcoming Hitman game will be going fully episodic
- Former game developer accused of being a spy released from Iranian prison
Question of the Week: “What is your favorite mobile/social game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · ubisoft
January 13th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s podcast is kind of boring, since there’s little to talk about, but Jonah and Scott are game. Most of the entertainment comes from Scott talking about his Fallout 4 adventures.
This week’s news includes:
- Sony wants to trademark the term ‘Let’s Play’
- Star Wars open world game Kickstarter proposal canceled
- OculusVR founder claims Rift selling at $599 is “obscenely cheap“
- Pirated games may cease to exist in two years thanks to Denuvo
Let us know what you think.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · piracy · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · VR
January 5th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
It’s 2016, and the first podcast of the new year is now live. Be warned, there are Star Wars spoilers like Han Solo dying and the entire plot being a rehash of A New Hope, so don’t listen if you don’t want to have your The Force Awakens experience ruined.
This week’s podcast covers the following news:
- Valve explains Steam issues on December 25
- Star Wars Battlefront won’t be doing The Force Awakens or space battles content
- New pachinko laws pushes SNK back to videogames
Question of the Week: “Which game do you really want to play in 2016.”
Tags: Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam
December 23rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
If you’re wondering where the podcast has been, it’s been in technical hell. Twice the podcast was recorded each week, and both times there were serious technical issues. This time, we’ve got it right, and even have Paul dropping by to discuss his new book, “Gaymers: the Difference a ‘Y’ Makes: How (and Why) to Make Video Games LGBT Players Care About“. Actually, it’s mostly dominated by a discussion of an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Otherwise, the news items include:
The Question of the Week: “Who is your favorite superhero?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Konami · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam
December 1st, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
No, you’re not going backwards in time. This is the episode that was supposed to air a few weeks ago but was sidetracked by a faulty power supply. Of course, the episode was recorded on Friday the 13th, back when Fallout 4 was fresh and new.
The old news includes:
- Bethesda sells 12M units of Fallout 4 for $750M at launch
- October 2015 NPD: Xbox One won the month, despite PS4 price drop
- Rapper predicted Smash Bros. future
- Night Dive working on complete remake of System Shock, discussing System Shock 3
The Question of the Week, “Do you or have you pulled videogame all-nighters on weeknights?”, was repeated in episode 406. But you can still answer the question.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Retro · RPG · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 23rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
If you’re wondering what happened to Episode 405, it was recorded, but Jonah’s power supply self-destructed, and wasn’t available til Wednesday, and by then it was too late to post it. (It will be posted at some point in the near future.)
Instead, check out these week’s news:
- Afro Samurai 2 removed from online stores, players get refunded, episodes 2 and 3 canceled
- Activision apologizes for Nuk3town pre-order mix up
- PlayStation 4 is getting PlayStation 2 emulation, Sony reveals
- Electronic Arts doesn’t want to “nickel and dime” gamers with microtransactions
Question of the Week: Do you or have you pulled videogame all-nighters on weeknights?
Tags: Activision · electronic arts · Episode · FPS · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
November 10th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode is a little late thanks to unforeseen circumstances, but nothing will stop us from posting new episodes. It’s actually one day late, since last week was a week off, thanks to Podbean limits and Halloween. On that note, this week, Jonah had to erase a spoiler segment about The Force Awakens, but enough remains of the convo discussing other parts of the upcoming movie.
This week’s news:
- Sony not to offer backwards compatibility
- Advertising Standards Authority rules Valve misled customers with Grand Theft Auto V Steam Sale
- The Witcher movie slated for 2017
- Ubisoft admits poor Syndicate sales are due to franchise fatigue caused by Unity
- World of Warcraft paid subscribers at a nine year low at 5.5M
The Question of the Week is what we usually ask ourselves, but with all the new games coming out, “What have you been playing this week?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Sony · ubisoft · world of warcraft
October 26th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
The episode is a day late, sorry about that, folks. In this episode, we wish Paul was with us to discuss what he thought of the release of Jem and the Holograms in theaters. The banter is strong, but not overstuffed like last week.
Lots of news this week, however:
- Konami insists Hideo Kojima still works at company
- 343 Industries not ruling out PC port of Halo 5
- Rebellion rescues Kickstarter backers from GRIN’s bankruptcy
- Classic car combat RPG Autoduel may be making a comeback with inXile
- Pete Hines: Entire game not on Fallout 4 PC disc
- Vivendi seeking more shares of Ubisoft, board seats
The Question on the Week: Do you prefer first person or isometric RPGs?
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Kickstarter · Konami · PC Gaming · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · ubisoft
October 18th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This episode is so long, we actually had to cut on of the stories that went too long. We get some listener feedback for Scott as well.
The news includes:
- EA data leak on Pastebin exposes emails and passwords
- Adobe confirms major Flash vulnerability
- Report: Nintendo’s next platform NX combines console and handheld
- Remaining Batman Arkham Knight Season Pass content revealed
- EA: Remakes happen when you’re ‘out of ideas‘
- Bandai Namco pulls plug on Rise of Incarnates
- Analyst: Preorders drive more sadness than anticipation
Let us know what you think.
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes
October 10th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode was deliberately delayed because there will be a new day we record: Friday, which means the podcasts will be released on Saturday or Sunday. Therefore, the Dr. Who episode preceding this gave us a little space, and now this podcast will be setting the stage for future episodes.
This week’s news includes:
- Rumor: Caveman game teased by Ubisoft leaked as Far Cry Primal
- Steam Sections coming to major videogame retailers this November
- Sony: “Climate is not healthy” for a new PlayStation handheld
- LEGO Dimensions outsells Skylanders Superchargers and Disney Infinity 3.0
- Fan turns to the crowd for Pokemon PAX party settlement
Write in the comments and let us know what you think.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Steam · Toys · ubisoft · Vita