Due to scheduling conflicts, there is no podcast. The next podcast will be recorded at its regularly scheduled time.
January 17th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
January 8th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week sees the return of Paul Nowak from his holiday vacation. There’s plenty of news items and some reader feedback, but also the return of Gaming History as the crew checks out the failed portable console, the Game.com.
The news for this week includes:
- Age of Empires Online won’t be seeing any more content
- Sony patents tech to stop used games and rentals
- Major Nelson posts countdown to E3 Expo 2013
- PvP mode for Diablo III delayed yet again
- Telltale is in the very early stages of The Walking Dead Season 2
Finally, the Question of the Week is simple: “What did you do on your holiday break?”
January 1st, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 6 Comments
This double stuffed episode makes up for last week’s week off, even without Paul in the podcast.
The news covers the following items:
- Sony stops shipping PlayStation 2 in Japan
- WWE may not get $45M owed by THQ for license
- Asheron’s Call 2 returns
They then covered the top stories of the year, which leads to the Question of the Week, “What was the biggest news item in 2012?”
December 25th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
No podcast this week, as we’re off for the Christmas holiday. Everyone have a Happy Holidays, from us at TD Gaming Podcast.
December 18th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week it’s Jordan Lund’s turn to be absent, while Jonah Falcon and Paul Nowak discuss just how bad The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is. This week’s Gaming Flashback is Peter Molyneux’s ambitious title Black & White.
In the news:
- Silicon Knights’ cancelled games revealed
- Gabe Newell: Valve planning console-like PC for living room
- Windows Store “begins accepting” 18-rated games
- Rockstar muses on “one big world containing all” GTA cities
- Defiance‘s TV show and game “stand up on their own,” don’t ‘need’ one another
There’s also some Reader Feedback, while the Question of the Week is, “How in tune with an MMO’s story are you while playing?”
December 11th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
No Paul this week, no Gaming Flashback this week – just Jonah, Dan and Jordan discussing a ton of news items where Jonah expresses shock that Jordan had never heard of No One Lives Forever.
The items this week include:
- Wii U sells 1.2 games per console
- BioWare was planning spy action title in 2009
- Sony Santa Monica outline reasons for sticking with God of War franchise
- Hitman Facebook app removed for off-color joke
- Activision: Black Ops II grossed $1 billion in 15 Days
- Spike VGA 2012: The Phantom Pain announced, probably MGS5
This week’s Question of the Week: “What’s the most offensive thing you’ve seen in a videogame?”
December 4th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 4 Comments
In this episode of Gaming Podcast, Jonah states he got to see Wreck It Ralph, while Paul still can’t find a black Wii U. This week’s Gaming Flashback is the 2002 Gamecube launch title Super Mario Sunshine.
This week’s news includes:
- The Lund Report: Black Friday 2012 NPD
- Nintendo Power’s last issue released
- Blizzard acquired ‘Project Blackstone‘ domain November 26th
- Rumor: Next gen Xbox coming Holiday 2013
- Dead Island: Riptide banned in Germany
All this and Reader Feedback, and the Question of the Week is, “Did you read many issues of Nintendo Power?”
November 26th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 7 Comments
This week’s episode is short due to Jonah Falcon’s impending trip to San Francisco to cover a preview event of Company of Heroes 2, while Paul Nowak gets irritated at the complaints coming out of the Wii U launch.
The news items include:
- Wii U’s launch day update reportedly causing major problems
- Nintendo DRM traps $400 of downloaded games
- GTA: Vice Cityremoved from Steam over music licensing
- Report: Next-gen Xbox TV device coming in 2013
- Sony: Our iPhone and Galaxy S3 challenger is coming
The Question of the Week: “Do you play real-time strategy games. If so, what is your favorite. If not, why not?”
November 20th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 7 Comments
This week’s Gaming Podcast is chock full of news and reader feedback. Rather than do a Gaming Flashback, a conversation about the middling sales of the PlayStation Vita is discussed, while Paul is anxiously looking for a black Wii U so he can play Epic Mickey 2. We also hand out the indie game prizes to our two winners.
This week’s news includes:
- Star Citizen hits $4.5M stretch goal, biggest crowd fundraiser ever
- Black Ops 2 1.03 patch doesn’t fix server issues
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution film director tabbed
- Spector: Epic Mickey 2 takes “choice and consequence to new levels“
This week’s Question of the Week: What was the best game you ever played that cost less than $5?
In addition, this is the two days of Kickstarter funding. Help the TD Gaming Podcast with its Kickstarter fundraising.
November 14th, 2012 by jonahfalcon · 5 Comments
This week, Gaming Podcast is giving away free indie games: Dungeon Defenders and the Zeboyd 2-Pack including Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VIII. The Gaming Flashback includes the original Splinter Cell from 2002.
There’s also plenty of news items including:
- Blizzard facing class action lawsuit over Battle.net security
- Former Square boss calls merger “a complete failure” between Square and Enix
- Nintendo details Wii U network ID system
- Molyneux skeptical about tablet/TV gaming
- Halo 4 makes $220M in first day, Forward Unto Reach garners 46M viewers
- Analyst: Grand Theft Auto V will sell 25M units
No Question of the Week – just let us know if you’d like to win either Dungeon Defenders or Cthulhu Saves the World/Breath Of Death VIII.
In addition, this is the final week of Kickstarter funding. Help the TD Gaming Podcast with its Kickstarter fundraising.