March 19th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
In this episode, Jonah complains about Origin and his inability to play Dragon Age: Origins, while a heated discussion between Jonah and Paul occurs over various topics, along with discussion of Frozen. Jordan discusses his son’s college tuitions as well. This week’s Gaming Flashback is the coin-op arcade game Wizard of Wor.
This week’s news items include:
- Sony PlayStation honcho Jack Tretton stepping down
- Disney Interactive cutting about 700 jobs
- New Xbox Live updates coming in April
- SimCity gets offline play today
- Report: Microsoft working on augmented reality headset for Xbox
This week’s Question of the Week: “Ever purchase new games for an unsupported console?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · xbla · Xbox One
March 5th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week sees the return of Paul to the crew, but unfortunately, Jordan’s voice is shot so he can’t make it a team of three. However, Jonah is happy over having a new iPad Air, while Paul laments unemployment. This week’s Gaming Flashback is Team Ninja’s classic Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox.
The news for the week includes:
- Microsoft pulls page discussing Titanfall online preloading
- Report: Ouya Everywhere puts games on TV, PC without the Ouya
- EU takes on “misleading” free-to-play games
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2studio boss, “One must be blind or stupid to give it a 4/10?
- Nintendo separates Quality of Life business unit from consoles
- Project Milo isn’t coming back
No Question of the Week – listener questions are wide open.
Tags: Episode · Financial · Flashback · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes
February 26th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Gaming Podcast is back, as Jonah and Jordan discuss arcade games from yore. This week’s Gaming Flashback is the classic Half-Life 2 by Valve, which ushered in a new age of shooters that get massive delays.
This week’s news includes:
- Twitch coming to Xbox One on March 11
- Microsoft appoints Stephen Elop to head Xbox
- King files to abandon controversial “Candy” trademark in US
- Nintendo wins 3DS patent dispute
- Layoffs at Sony Santa Monica
Also included is Listener Feedback and the Question of the Week: “What was your favorite coin-op arcade game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Xbox One
February 12th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Paul, Jordan and Jonah continue to rock on, as they discuss the bizarre circumstance of the iOS app Flappy Bird, while Paul deals with Pinsanity issues (behind the scenes). They also discuss the classic The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay in the Gaming Flashback.
This week’s news includes:
- Watch Dogs release coming in April, May, or June
- Slim Vita is coming To North America with Borderlands 2 in tow
- Nutjitsu and Worms among first Xbox One ID@Xbox games
- Pachter: Sony can’t afford to pay for streamed content like Netflix does
- Gamestop advertising a layaway program for the Xbox One
There’s Listener Feedback with a new Question of the Week: “Did you introduce a non-gamer to gaming?”
Tags: Casual Games · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita · Xbox 360
February 5th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Paul is back for this episode, as this week actually has a Gaming Flashback and a Game History, the former being Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, and the latter being Black Isle Studios.
The news this week includes:
- Followup: PS Vita Slim to launch in UK
- Reports: Microsoft plans cheaper, disc-free, white Xbox Ones in 2014
- Nintendo cuts overheard on executive salaries
- Square Enix responds to Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III launch rumor
- Razer to give Xbox One gamers more peripheral options
The Question of the Week, “What was the best game you played that you felt was unfinished?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · square enix · Vita · Xbox One
January 29th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode is chock full of very industry-specific news, dealing with sales and numbers and other stuff that would bore Paul.
The news includes:
- Microsoft acquires Gears of War IP from Epic
- Sony issues invites hinting at ‘Slimmest’ product launch
- Apple sells record number of iPhones, iPads
- Surface and Xbox One hits with buyers during the holidays
- Japanese newspaper says Nintendo is about to unveil its approach to mobile development
- Kerbal Space Program lands on various schools’ curriculum
- Sony’s credit rating cut to “Junk”
Sadly, no reader mail this week.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · PC Gaming · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita
January 22nd, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Sorry for the delay – last week Jordan had a medical emergency, but he’s all better now. In this episode, he and Jonah get sidetracked at one point talking about movies and the film At World’s End.
The actual videogame news they discuss include:
- Nintendo evaluating new business, “studying” smart devices
- Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions
- Star Wars 1313 trademark abandoned
- Sony creating new PS3 hardware for PS Now
This and a little Listener Feedback. This week, we’re looking for you to ask us questions.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · playstation 3 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Wii U · Xbox One
January 9th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The podcast is back, with a healthier Jonah joining Jordan. No Dan or Paul however.
- Hitman Project reportedly canceled, Square Enix responds
- Alienware Steam Machine priced ‘very competitive’ with PS4, Xbox One
- Nintendo must pay royalties for every 3DS following court ruling
- Sony announces PlayStation Now for streaming older games
- Gabe Newell reacts to Xbox One and Steambox comparison
Question of the Week: “What are you most looking forward to in 2014?”
Tags: DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · playstation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · square enix · Steam · Vita · Xbox One
January 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The first episode of 2014 is now out, as Jonah Falcon, Jordan Lund and Dan Quick recap the major news of 2014.
The news includes:
- PC gaming exploding
- Next-gen launches, including Microsoft’s 180
- Nintendo Wii U suffers
- Nintendo Announces 2DS
- Microconsoles launched
- Tech flops of 2013
Also, some Listener Feedback, and the Questions of the Week, “What was the biggest event of 2013? What was your favorite game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii U · Xbox One
December 25th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Thanks to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, Gaming Podcast is running an Outtakes episode, which features mostly Jonah Falcon and Jordan Lund, but a little Paul Nowak and Dan Quick. If that weren’t enough, right after the outtakes is a Dr. Who discussion by usual commentators Jordan, his wife Jennifer and Paul.
Tags: Episode · Podcast · Show Notes