January 29th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode is chock full of very industry-specific news, dealing with sales and numbers and other stuff that would bore Paul.
The news includes:
- Microsoft acquires Gears of War IP from Epic
- Sony issues invites hinting at ‘Slimmest’ product launch
- Apple sells record number of iPhones, iPads
- Surface and Xbox One hits with buyers during the holidays
- Japanese newspaper says Nintendo is about to unveil its approach to mobile development
- Kerbal Space Program lands on various schools’ curriculum
- Sony’s credit rating cut to “Junk”
Sadly, no reader mail this week.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · PC Gaming · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita
January 22nd, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Sorry for the delay – last week Jordan had a medical emergency, but he’s all better now. In this episode, he and Jonah get sidetracked at one point talking about movies and the film At World’s End.
The actual videogame news they discuss include:
- Nintendo evaluating new business, “studying” smart devices
- Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions
- Star Wars 1313 trademark abandoned
- Sony creating new PS3 hardware for PS Now
This and a little Listener Feedback. This week, we’re looking for you to ask us questions.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · playstation 3 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Wii U · Xbox One
January 9th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The podcast is back, with a healthier Jonah joining Jordan. No Dan or Paul however.
- Hitman Project reportedly canceled, Square Enix responds
- Alienware Steam Machine priced ‘very competitive’ with PS4, Xbox One
- Nintendo must pay royalties for every 3DS following court ruling
- Sony announces PlayStation Now for streaming older games
- Gabe Newell reacts to Xbox One and Steambox comparison
Question of the Week: “What are you most looking forward to in 2014?”
Tags: DS · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · playstation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · square enix · Steam · Vita · Xbox One
January 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The first episode of 2014 is now out, as Jonah Falcon, Jordan Lund and Dan Quick recap the major news of 2014.
The news includes:
- PC gaming exploding
- Next-gen launches, including Microsoft’s 180
- Nintendo Wii U suffers
- Nintendo Announces 2DS
- Microconsoles launched
- Tech flops of 2013
Also, some Listener Feedback, and the Questions of the Week, “What was the biggest event of 2013? What was your favorite game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · PC Gaming · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii U · Xbox One
December 25th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Thanks to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, Gaming Podcast is running an Outtakes episode, which features mostly Jonah Falcon and Jordan Lund, but a little Paul Nowak and Dan Quick. If that weren’t enough, right after the outtakes is a Dr. Who discussion by usual commentators Jordan, his wife Jennifer and Paul.
Tags: Episode · Podcast · Show Notes
December 11th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week, Jordan reveals that he actually won an Xbox One from work, making him the second owner of the console in the podcast, and the only one with both a One and a PS4. Unfortunately, Paul’s not available for the podcast, making it a podcast of two.
The news this week:
- Square Enix confirms Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for next-gen
- EA donates $1.65 million to American Cancer Society following Humble campaign
- Report: MMOs targeted by intelligence agencies
- Ubisoft polling on Assassin’s Creed 5, non-Assassin pirate game
- Report: Disney taking over Indiana Jones from Paramount
Also, listener Pawel Predki wrote his own review of Tearaway. Read it here.
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · MMO · Podcast · Show Notes · square enix · ubisoft · world of warcraft
December 4th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Despite the title of the podcast episode this week, nothing is boring. Rather, there’s a ton of banter between Jonah, Paul and Jordan, as they discuss next-gen console gaming.
This week’s news items include:
- Amazon testing package delivery by drone
- Microsoft advises gamers against turning the Xbox One into a dev kit
- There’s “no lack of ideas” at DICE, CEO ponders local weather for Battlefield
- Xbox One beats PS4 sales at Walmart, Target
- Epic: “We’ve yet to see the real value of the second screen”
- Sega: Shenmue 3 trademark listing a hoax
All this and some Listener Feedback.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Microsoft · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Sega · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 27th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Paul returns to the Gaming Podcast, having doing the major work on the Facebook game he’d been helping develop, Team USA Pinsanity. The trio argue over boss battles, and this week’s Gaming Flashback is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Jordan also finally has a great Vita game to fawn over, Tearaway.
- Take-Two files ‘Bully Bullsworth Academy’ trademark in Europe
- Twitch cracks down on PS4 Playroom inappropriate content
- Blizzard dev apologizes for remarks on sexualized designs
- Sony to make $250M entertainment cuts, “nothing too sacred”
The Question of the Week: “What is your opinion on boss battles?”
Tags: Blizzard · Episode · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
November 20th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Gaming Podcast is back after a week off, as Jordan talks about playing games on his brand-new PlayStation 4, while Jonah is anxious and worried about the Xbox One launch this week.
There’s also a ton of news this week, including:
- Unlucky PlayStation 4 owners face ‘blue light of death’
- Report: Apple in “talks” to purchase co-creators of original Kinect tech
- Ubisoft explains why launch games underwhelm
- Xbox One launch official broadcast available through Spike, GameTrailers
- Survey: only 1 percent of gamers want a Wii U this Holiday season
- Ken Levine defends BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode 1‘s length
- World of Warcraft not going free-to-play, stop asking
- More Fallout 4 evidence pops up with trademark registration
And the Question of the Week: “What was the best budget game you ever bought?”
Tags: apple · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Kinect · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · ubisoft · Wii U · world of warcraft · Xbox One
November 6th, 2013 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode has a long discussion on videogame music of the past, while Jonah discusses Batman: Arkham Origins and iPad adaptations of board games.
This week’s news includes:
- Surprises found in the PS4 FAQ
- Xbox One will support DLNA, MP3 and audio CD
- Valve working to make offline mode indefinite
- Nintendo: We have failed to establish Wii U as a “worthy” Wii successor
- Wii U bundle announced
This week’s Question of the Week is: “What was your favorite videogame music?”
Tags: Episode · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam · Wii U · Xbox One