July 28th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This podcast has a little storminess to it, as it was recorded during a thunderstorm. There’s also tons of interesting news.
This week’s items include:
- Rainbow Six Siege Season 3 content arrives on August 2
- Sega announces two new Sonic games
- Nintendo loses billions in value after Pokemon Go truth bomb
- PlayStation Neo said to be coming in either September or October
Let us know what you think.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes
July 21st, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
The past week has been rife with news about Pokemon GO! and all of the chaos the mobile game has caused around the world with people hunting creatures in museums and police stations. The podcast mostly avoids the craze.
The news this week includes:
- Fake Pokemon Go! apps could contain malware and force your phone to click on porn links
- Fraudsters force RimWorld dev to stop giving out Steam keys
- Bethesda defends $60 price tag for Skyrim Remastered
- Xbox One S arrives August 2
We also announce the winner of the contest.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Xbox One
July 14th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This episode has some audio issues due to circumstances requiring Jonah to tape from outside in the NYC streets. Otherwise, this week’s news is Poke-mazing as some major issues hit the video game world this past week.
The news includes:
- Valve’s Counter-Strike illegal gambling controversy continues
- Red Dead Redemption sales jump 6000% after Xbox One backwards compatibility announcement
- Pokémon Go raises security concerns among Google users
This is the contest’s last week. The Question of the Week is “How much is too much data to share with a game company?”
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Mobile · Podcast · Show Notes
June 29th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
We’re still running the contest for the E3 loot, which includes a T-shirt, a Loot Crate, some Civilization 6 swag and a Kobe Bryant gold coin with a DLC code on it.
The podcast also follows up on some of the hardware that was seen at E3, including PDP controllers and the HTC Vive VR headset. Then there’s Brexit…
The news also includes:
- TIGA calls for government to reassure UK games industry
- Mario Maker fans have built a better community website than Nintendo
- Nintendo’s upcoming NX console may use cartridges instead of discs
- Gears of War 4 on Xbox One will push performance using DirectX 12, PC to have 4K and unlocked FPS
Just let us know what excited you at E3 2016 to win the loot swag.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Nintendo NX · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
June 21st, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
Last week, we recorded a show with Jonah on the E3 show floor, while Paul made a cameo to discuss Zelda and Lego Dimensions before leaving with the Nerd Flu.
But better yet, we have a E3 LOOT SWAG CONTEST, with a crapton of stuff to give away, including a T-shirt and an ACTUAL Loot Crate, as well as an NBA 2K17 gold Kobe Bryant coin complete with exclusive DLC for NBA 2K16.
How do you enter? Be in the continental US and listen to the podcast to learn how to win a bunch of E3 goodies.
Tags: E3 · Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
June 9th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
It’s that time of year again, as E3 2016 will be next week, and a whole lotta exciting stuff will be shown off from Microsoft, Sony, Bethesda and everyone else.
In fact, four of the news items are about announcements of games that’ll be highlighted at E3:
- Xbox One is about to become even more Windows-like
- Red Dead Redemption 2 looks set to be revealed by Rockstar at E3 2016
- Dead Rising 4 leaks ahead of E3
- Nintendo is showing more than just Zelda at E3 after all, but still no NX
Next week will be reports live from E3 – stay tuned!
Tags: E3 · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Nintendo NX · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Xbox One
May 26th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
As promised, the second half of the two hour long podcast, in which there’s a long, long ramble about pop culture and potential future specials with Paul and company.
The other news items included in the podcast are:
- 2K announces Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- Nintendo NX “is neither the successor to the Wii U nor to the 3DS”
The next podcast will be recorded live at E3’s show floor in two weeks – stay tuned!
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Nintendo NX · Podcast · Show Notes
May 20th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Paul returns to the show to drown his sorrows in the discontinuation of a game series he loved, and the podcast ran so long it has to be split into two parts.
The first half of this podcast includes the following news items:
- Why Disney Infinity 4.0 was shut down
- Microsoft kills Project Spark for Windows, Xbox One
Stay tuned for Part 2.
Tags: Disney · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes
May 12th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
The gang discusses the just-released Captain America: Civil War as well as mention the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse film, but they also do get into this week’s news, which is heavy on the Nintendo side.
The news includes:
- Nintendo NX cartridge rumors abound
- Fallout 4 Xbox One mods enter beta after May 19
- Zelda anchors Nintendo E3 plans
- Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare debut this past week
This week’s Question of the Week is “What era war would you like to see in a shooter?”
Tags: Activision · E3 · Editorial · electronic arts · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Nintendo NX · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes
May 6th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week revolves around Nintendo’s upcoming console. Otherwise, there isn’t much to speak of in terms of shocking news. However, there is a lot of it this time around.
The news items include:
- Stardew Valley multiplayer, console ports confirmed
- Nintendo NX launching March 2017, new mobile games on way
- Oculus Rift arrives at Best Buy stores ahead of pre-orders
- Nintendo won’t sell NX at a loss
- Classic Sega Mega Drive ROM hacks hit Steam workshop
Question of the Week: “Ever play any console ROM hacks?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Nintendo NX · Podcast · Retro · Sega · Show Notes · VR