February 25th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s podcast isn’t the best, but at least we tried, right? There’s a lot of chatter, and Scott gets really angry at people criticizing Star Wars.
This week’s news items includes:
- Iranian state television mistakes Medal of Honor footage for reality
- Street Fighter 5 Arcade Mode being considered
- Experimental 5D data storage could store 360TB of games for 13.8 billion years
- Ubisoft boasts about The Division beta’s huge numbers
- HTC’s Vive VR Tech will launch in April priced at $799
This week’ Question of the Week: “When, if ever, will you be getting VR?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Fighting · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · ubisoft · VR
February 18th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Jonah survived the cold snap, and everything is okay – we think. There’s not much to this podcast except for the extensive discussions on completely unrelated topics.
The news this week includes:
- The Chinese Room gearing up to announce a new game
- “Who wouldn’t want to take on” Baldur’s Gate 3, says former Bioware writer
- New rumor has Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 3 coming to Windows 10
- id Software: DOOM reboot single player campaign around 13 hours
Question of the Week: “What is your favorite FPS?”
Tags: Episode · FPS · id software · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes
February 10th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This episode sees the debut of a new co-host, videogame writer T.J. Denzer, who joins Jonah Falcon and Scott Dirk for this long episode, discussing Star Wars, spoilers, and other news that didn’t make the cut. This week also has the first Gaming Flashback in over a year, taking a look at The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
This week’s news includes:
Question of the Week: “What is your favorite strategy game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Kickstarter · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes
January 28th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This podcast is delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, but there’s plenty of banter between Jonah and Scott, and 30 minutes of the podcast were removed to be aired as an outtakes at some point. Oh, and there’s plenty of cursing and NSFW content in this particular podcast, so be warned.
The news includes:
- Starbreeze announces it’ll build a VR arcade venue in Los Angeles
- Mighty No. 9 unexpectedly delayed by Comcept
- Nintendo NX set to be new face of Nintendo with busy 2016 planned
- Five Nights at Freddy’s World pulled from Steam
Let us know what you think.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · VR
January 19th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s episode features Paul guest-hosting, joining Jonah and Scott. The only real drama comes when Paul defends Nintendo’s shady policy of deleting levels without any warning.
This week’s news items include:
- Nintendo is deleting people’s Mario Maker stages without telling them why
- Vivendi’s takeover of Ubisoft looms
- Square Enix announces upcoming Hitman game will be going fully episodic
- Former game developer accused of being a spy released from Iranian prison
Question of the Week: “What is your favorite mobile/social game?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · ubisoft
January 13th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
This week’s podcast is kind of boring, since there’s little to talk about, but Jonah and Scott are game. Most of the entertainment comes from Scott talking about his Fallout 4 adventures.
This week’s news includes:
- Sony wants to trademark the term ‘Let’s Play’
- Star Wars open world game Kickstarter proposal canceled
- OculusVR founder claims Rift selling at $599 is “obscenely cheap“
- Pirated games may cease to exist in two years thanks to Denuvo
Let us know what you think.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · piracy · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · VR
January 5th, 2016 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
It’s 2016, and the first podcast of the new year is now live. Be warned, there are Star Wars spoilers like Han Solo dying and the entire plot being a rehash of A New Hope, so don’t listen if you don’t want to have your The Force Awakens experience ruined.
This week’s podcast covers the following news:
- Valve explains Steam issues on December 25
- Star Wars Battlefront won’t be doing The Force Awakens or space battles content
- New pachinko laws pushes SNK back to videogames
Question of the Week: “Which game do you really want to play in 2016.”
Tags: Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam
December 23rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
If you’re wondering where the podcast has been, it’s been in technical hell. Twice the podcast was recorded each week, and both times there were serious technical issues. This time, we’ve got it right, and even have Paul dropping by to discuss his new book, “Gaymers: the Difference a ‘Y’ Makes: How (and Why) to Make Video Games LGBT Players Care About“. Actually, it’s mostly dominated by a discussion of an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
Otherwise, the news items include:
The Question of the Week: “Who is your favorite superhero?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Konami · Podcast · Show Notes · Steam
December 1st, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
No, you’re not going backwards in time. This is the episode that was supposed to air a few weeks ago but was sidetracked by a faulty power supply. Of course, the episode was recorded on Friday the 13th, back when Fallout 4 was fresh and new.
The old news includes:
- Bethesda sells 12M units of Fallout 4 for $750M at launch
- October 2015 NPD: Xbox One won the month, despite PS4 price drop
- Rapper predicted Smash Bros. future
- Night Dive working on complete remake of System Shock, discussing System Shock 3
The Question of the Week, “Do you or have you pulled videogame all-nighters on weeknights?”, was repeated in episode 406. But you can still answer the question.
Tags: Episode · FPS · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Retro · RPG · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 23rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
If you’re wondering what happened to Episode 405, it was recorded, but Jonah’s power supply self-destructed, and wasn’t available til Wednesday, and by then it was too late to post it. (It will be posted at some point in the near future.)
Instead, check out these week’s news:
- Afro Samurai 2 removed from online stores, players get refunded, episodes 2 and 3 canceled
- Activision apologizes for Nuk3town pre-order mix up
- PlayStation 4 is getting PlayStation 2 emulation, Sony reveals
- Electronic Arts doesn’t want to “nickel and dime” gamers with microtransactions
Question of the Week: Do you or have you pulled videogame all-nighters on weeknights?
Tags: Activision · electronic arts · Episode · FPS · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony