January 11th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week’s episode of Gaming Podcast has a special guest co-host, Andrew Yoon, formerly of Joystiq and currently in card game and video game development. The Gaming Flashback is the one that started them all: LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game.
The slow news week includes:
- DDoS service targeting PSN and Xbox powered by home Internet routers
- Japanese console sales continued to slide in 2014
- Evolve’s questionable bargain: pre-purchase to avoid the unlock grind
- Sony delays PS4 in China
The Question of the Week: “What is your favorite, if any, LEGO videogames?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Microsoft · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Xbox One
January 4th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This is the first podcast of 2015, and Jonah and Paul are ready to get going, talking about their holiday gifts and their disappointment in the film Birdman. There’s no Gaming History or Gaming Flashback this week, but stay tuned for one next week.
The news in this episode includes:
- FBI claimed to be investigating Xbox Live, PlayStation Network DDoS perps
- GSC Gameworld re-opens for business
- Halo 5 multiplayer beta gets more maps, weapons, and modes (from GameSpot)
- Xbox Live founder leaves Microsoft
Also in the podcast is some Listener Feedback and the Question of the Week, “How much do you play online?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox 360 · Xbox One
December 21st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
After a week off, Gaming Podcast recounts the eventful week that saw Song kowtowing to cyberterrorists over a Seth Rogen comedy, while Jonah and Paul have mixed opinions on the controversy.
The news this past week were also big, including:
- Massive patch for Assassin’s Creed Unity issued
- Blizzard considering gold-for-game-time trades in World of Warcraft
- Valve returns Hatred to Greenlight after removal
- Humble Bundle has raised over $50 million
This week also sees new Listener Feedback, and the Question of the Week: “Have you used Humble Bundle?”
Tags: Blizzard · Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · world of warcraft
December 7th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week is another short one as the news is pretty light. However, there is another Gaming History as The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! is examined.
This week’s news includes:
- Destiny‘s PVP mode now breaks up teams if they’re too good
- Xbox One sold over 720K Black Friday week in the US
- Godzilla The Game heading to North America this Summer
- Street Fighter V revealed as a PS4, PC exclusive (from GameSpot)
The Question of the Week: “What is your favorite giant monster?”
Tags: Episode · Fighting · FPS · Industry News · MMO · PC Gaming · playstation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
December 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week is shortened due to Thanksgiving and Black Friday, but there’s still some fun to be had, especially when the Gaming History is about The Legend of Zelda cartoon series.
- Nintendo patents Game Boy emulation for use in mobile devices
- EA named one of the best places for LGBT equality
- Sony settles over misleading Vita ads
The Question of the Week: “When do you start your holiday shopping?”
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Mobile · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita
November 23rd, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode has Jonah annoyed at the gameplay decisions for Dragon Age: Inquisition, Paul discusses passwords, while the Gaming History is the cartoon Captain N: The Game Master.
This week’s news includes:
- Valve lays out new rules and guidelines for Early Access developers
- Xbox One console exclusive Ori and The Blind Forest delayed into 2015
- Hackers claim to have raided PSN, 2K, Origin, Windows Live mail
- GameStop & Nintendo: Game devaluation must stop
All this plus Listener Feedback and the Question of the Week: “What video game licensed cartoons have you enjoyed most, if any?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Platformer · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
November 16th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
As Black Friday approaches, Jonah and Paul discuss this week’s news after an absence. No Devin this week, as well as no Gaming Flashback or Gaming History. Paul loses it on the last news item, too.
As for the news:
- Just Cause 3 announced for PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2015
- Nintendo talks third party, holiday strategy
- Dev: It’s tougher to develop for kids than core gamers
- Intel resumes advertising with Gamasutra
- Xbox One sales triple following $349 promotion
- World of Warcraft hit with DDoS attack as new expansion launches
- Carbine: Redundancies are “part of game development”
The Question of the Week: “When did you first start buying games digitally?”
Tags: Casual Games · Industry News · MMO · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii U · world of warcraft · Xbox One
November 8th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
Paul’s attending BentCon, Jonah has additional work, and Devin passed out. See you next week.
November 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
The podcast is back as Paul S. Nowak is back from his vacation, and he brought back a new co-host with him. Devin Grimes, who once upon a time wrote for GameStooge, is now a part of the team. This week’s podcast also includes a new Gaming History, discussing the Nintendo DS.
The news items include:
- Ebola scare drives sharp rise in Plague Inc. downloads
- Twitch bans ‘sexually suggestive clothing’ in new terms
- Dying Light cancelled for PS3 and 360
- Xbox One available for $349 Starting November 2
- Sony apologizes for Driveclub‘s ongoing launch woes
No Listener Feedback, but a new Question of the Week: “When did you first start listening to this podcast?”
Tags: Casual Games · Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Xbox One
October 18th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
One again, the episode gets a little political as it deals with the GamerGate controversy again. No Gaming Flashback or Gaming History, but plenty of annoyed podcasters. As a side note, there will be no podcast for the next two weeks as Paul will be on a trip. However, there will be a new podcaster when the show starts up again.
This week’s news includes:
- Sarkeesian cancels Utah State presentation following threats of shooting
- Former GamerGate member explains his departure
- Unreal, BioShock dev Digital Extremes sold to Chinese companies
- Games driving “nearly all” Google Play’s revenue growth in US
- Mobile spending driven by 35-44-year-olds
All this plus Listener Feedback.
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Mobile · Podcast · Show Notes