February 20th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week has a very special guest, former IGN editor and current Dog and Thimble podcast host Hilary Goldstein, as he teams up with Paul to razz Jonah incessantly, as well as add a certain amount of NSFW spice to this week’s proceedings.
The news items include:
- Rock Band DLC hints at a comeback
- Sony appears to have ‘abandoned’ its trademark for The Last Guardian
- Final Fantasy 15: Episode Duscae demo detailed
- Nvidia’s big March 3rd event – is it a gaming phone?
- After raising $114,000 on Kickstarter, dev goes silent
- BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk has come back from retirement
All this and Listener Feedback.
Tags: Episode · Final Fantasy · Industry News · Kickstarter · Podcast · rock band · Show Notes · Sony
February 8th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week’s podcast begins on a sorrowful note, as since in the past week guest host Andrew Yoon (who co-hosted episode #374) passed away after drowning during a trip to Texas, while Jonah and Paul eulogize him.
No Gaming Flashback this week, but plenty of news items:
- League of Legends tourney places limit on LGBT players
- SOE acquired, becomes Daybreak Game Company
- Nintendo wants to make a comeback with cheaper software
- EA exec: “Our games are actually still too hard to learn”
This week’s Question of the Week: “What videogame do you still get emotional about?”
Tags: Editorial · electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony
February 3rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
The episode is a little late in publishing, though it was recorded on time – you know, real-life delays. However, it’s worth the wait as the Gaming Flashback is Team Ico’s second title, a PlayStation 2 title called Shadow of the Colossus.
There’s also some of the meatiest news of the year, which includes:
- Joystiq and Massively shut down amid AOL downsizing
- Left Behind Games executive fined millions by the SEC, banned from trading stock
- Bill Gates says he’s concerned about machines becoming super-intelligent
The Question of the Week is “Should Nintendo partner with Disney?“
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Podcast · Show Notes
January 25th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
After a problematic week, Episode 375 is now up, with tons of news. So much that there’s no room for a Gaming Flashback or a Gaming History.
The news includes:
- Joystiq no longer scoring” reviews
- New Harmonix survey points to Rock Band 4
- Hatred gets an AO rating in US
- Disney, Activision both claim landslide victory in toys-to-life category
- Microsoft maintaining $349 price point on Xbox Ones
- Windows 10 includes in-home game streaming from Xbox One
This week’s Question of the Week: “What, if any, was your favorite part of Rock Band?”
Tags: Activision · Disney · Editorial · Episode · FPS · harmonix · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · rock band · Show Notes · Xbox One
January 11th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week’s episode of Gaming Podcast has a special guest co-host, Andrew Yoon, formerly of Joystiq and currently in card game and video game development. The Gaming Flashback is the one that started them all: LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game.
The slow news week includes:
- DDoS service targeting PSN and Xbox powered by home Internet routers
- Japanese console sales continued to slide in 2014
- Evolve’s questionable bargain: pre-purchase to avoid the unlock grind
- Sony delays PS4 in China
The Question of the Week: “What is your favorite, if any, LEGO videogames?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · FPS · Industry News · Microsoft · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Xbox One
January 4th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This is the first podcast of 2015, and Jonah and Paul are ready to get going, talking about their holiday gifts and their disappointment in the film Birdman. There’s no Gaming History or Gaming Flashback this week, but stay tuned for one next week.
The news in this episode includes:
- FBI claimed to be investigating Xbox Live, PlayStation Network DDoS perps
- GSC Gameworld re-opens for business
- Halo 5 multiplayer beta gets more maps, weapons, and modes (from GameSpot)
- Xbox Live founder leaves Microsoft
Also in the podcast is some Listener Feedback and the Question of the Week, “How much do you play online?”
Tags: Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox 360 · Xbox One
December 21st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
After a week off, Gaming Podcast recounts the eventful week that saw Song kowtowing to cyberterrorists over a Seth Rogen comedy, while Jonah and Paul have mixed opinions on the controversy.
The news this past week were also big, including:
- Massive patch for Assassin’s Creed Unity issued
- Blizzard considering gold-for-game-time trades in World of Warcraft
- Valve returns Hatred to Greenlight after removal
- Humble Bundle has raised over $50 million
This week also sees new Listener Feedback, and the Question of the Week: “Have you used Humble Bundle?”
Tags: Blizzard · Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · world of warcraft
December 7th, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week is another short one as the news is pretty light. However, there is another Gaming History as The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! is examined.
This week’s news includes:
- Destiny‘s PVP mode now breaks up teams if they’re too good
- Xbox One sold over 720K Black Friday week in the US
- Godzilla The Game heading to North America this Summer
- Street Fighter V revealed as a PS4, PC exclusive (from GameSpot)
The Question of the Week: “What is your favorite giant monster?”
Tags: Episode · Fighting · FPS · Industry News · MMO · PC Gaming · playstation 3 · PlayStation 4 · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
December 1st, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This week is shortened due to Thanksgiving and Black Friday, but there’s still some fun to be had, especially when the Gaming History is about The Legend of Zelda cartoon series.
- Nintendo patents Game Boy emulation for use in mobile devices
- EA named one of the best places for LGBT equality
- Sony settles over misleading Vita ads
The Question of the Week: “When do you start your holiday shopping?”
Tags: electronic arts · Episode · Industry News · Mobile · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony · Vita
November 23rd, 2014 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This week’s episode has Jonah annoyed at the gameplay decisions for Dragon Age: Inquisition, Paul discusses passwords, while the Gaming History is the cartoon Captain N: The Game Master.
This week’s news includes:
- Valve lays out new rules and guidelines for Early Access developers
- Xbox One console exclusive Ori and The Blind Forest delayed into 2015
- Hackers claim to have raided PSN, 2K, Origin, Windows Live mail
- GameStop & Nintendo: Game devaluation must stop
All this plus Listener Feedback and the Question of the Week: “What video game licensed cartoons have you enjoyed most, if any?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Nintendo · Platformer · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One